THE WRITER’S CLUB
“The club aims to foster a love for language, enhance literary creativity and provide an avenue for self-expression beyond the school curriculum.”
- To develop and sharpen the literary and communicative skills.
- To develop the power of logical and critical thinking skills.
- To inculcate and develop the habit of reading and writing as a recreational activity.
- To develop evaluation skills through different activities and projects.
- To engage critically with creative texts across multiple genres (Fantasy, adventure, crime, romantic, mythological, science fiction, etc.)
- To create a sense of unity and harmony by engaging learners in group and collaborative work.
- To develop an awareness in students of the importance of the books and other resources as a means of recording and sharing human achievements, failures and aspirations.
i. To know about a wide variety of poems, poets and literary devices.
ii. To develop self-confidence by engaging learners in recitation, elocution, criticism.
i. To encourage students to play different roles and act out different situations in a safe environment.
ii. To help students learn important social skills, to exercise manners to communicate and interact effectively with one another.
i. To break the monotony of classroom activities thereby relieving stress.
ii. To develop a taste for different culture and region.
Debate and extempore
i. To develop logical and analytical skills.
ii. To develop students as confident public speakers.
i. To encourage students to write on their own thereby developing own style and tone.
ii. To develop confidence of the students as writers of articles, poems, stories, essays, etc.
i. To help students go beyond the school and form associations with other nearby institutions and share their knowledge and skills
ii. To spread awareness in the community and develop a sense of harmony in the society.